Updated: Jun 13, 2022
Dear ITP Eagles and Friends,
In less than two weeks, we will see each other in the beautiful city of BAGUIO. We are so excited for this gathering.
Some additional instructions:
1.ONLINE REGISTRATION: If you have not registered online, please try to do it asap so we can include your name in our conference participants list, prepare your conference ID and reserve meals and lodging for you. Online Registration is still open and can be accessed thru our website: www.iteamsphils.org or by using this direct link: https://bit.ly/12thEARConference.
2. CONFERENCE VENUE Our conference will be held at THE ASIA PACIFIC THEOLOGICAL SEMINARY with address: 444 Ambuklao Road, Mines View, 2600 Baguio City, Philippines
3. CONFERENCE THEME: The theme for our 13th East Asia Conference 2022 is “NO IFS and NO BUTS … it’s our time!”
4. PROGRAM FLOW: Detailed conference program is included in your conference manual. The program flow and content will look like this …
A> DAY 1 (June 24)
2. Distribution of Conference Materials
3. Video and Photo Sessions
4. Welcome Event
a. Official Welcome
b. Praise and Worship
c. East Asia Conference Presentation
d. Video Conference Highlights
e. Welcome Message
f. Prayers for the Conference
g. Praise and Celebration Time
H. Housekeeping Announcements
I. DInner will be served
B> DAY 2 (June 25 & 26)
1. Praise and Worship
2. MAIN SPEAKERS of various topics highlighting Cross cultural Church Planting, Business as Mission, Ministry to the Unreached and High-Risk Communities, etc…
3. WINDOWS to the WORLD Sessions with Country Presenters sharing their experiences and knowledge gained through many years of mission work in their country of calling. Their sessions will include video presentations of Asian mission fields.
4. Special Song Numbers
5. PRAYER TIMES
6. VIDEO PRESENTATIONS
7. Fellowship and Networking
8. Coffee Breaks (snacks served) , Lunch (2X) and Dinner meal (1x) ...
5. TRAVEL GUIDE
A> MANILA TO BAGUIO BY BUS
There are a lot of bus companies that go to Baguio that are open for 24 hours. There is also no shortage of terminals where you can go to catch a bus to Baguio.
There is probably one near you. Choosing which terminal or bus company to take depends on where you'll be coming from and what exit you'll be taking. You can find bus terminals all over Metro Manila. Here’s a list of major bus terminals:
From Pasay City
There are a number of bus companies operating from Pasay to Baguio. The two most popular bus companies are Joy Bus (Genesis Transport and Victory Liner. Both bus companies offer premier and deluxe-class seats and have routes to the Tarlac–Pangasinan–La Union Expressway (TPLEX), North Luzon Expressway (NLEX), and Subic Clark Tarlac Expressway (SCTEX).
From Cubao in Quezon City
Aside from Victory Liner and Genesis Joy Bus, Partas also offers bus rides to Baguio. These bus companies have terminals in Cubao in Quezon City Victory Liner, Partas, and Genesis also offer premier seats for a more comfortable trip.
From Avenida in Manila
Genesis Joy Bus and Philippine Rabbit Bus Lines have buses headed for Baguio at the Avenida Terminal in Manila. Both bus companies offer deluxe and semi-deluxe buses from Avenida to Baguio. These deluxe buses offer comfortable couches with spacious legroom.
From Sampaloc in Manila
Victory Liner offers regular air-conditioned (AC) buses headed for Baguio at their Sampaloc terminal in the city of Manila.
From Parañaque City
You can catch a ride to Baguio at the Parañaque Integrated Terminal Exchange (PITX). Solid North Transit's Baguio routes at PITX offers the first point-to-point (P2P) buses that ply Baguio to Manila. Aside from spacious seats, P2P buses do not have stopovers and have toilets on board, which ensures you get to Baguio faster.
The average cost for Bus travel will range from P390 to P600+ with a trip duration of 5 to 6 hours.
B> BY CAR OR VAN
You can drive your own car going to Baguio, you just have to choose the most convenient route for you. Travel time may range from 3.5 to 5 hours. If you are traveling with a large group, it may be better to rent a van to Baguio. You can either take the NLEX-SCTEX route, the TPLEX route, and many more. If you need assistance in booking a van, you may call our IT office staff and they will be able to recommend good and reliable van services.
Make use of apps like Waze or Google maps.
6. TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS to enter Baguio City will be posted on our next Info Pack.
7. CONFERENCE REGISTRATION: Please note that registration is on JUNE 24 from 2pm onwards. Registration tables will be set up at around 2pm and will be available until 5 pm only. Conference materials will already be distributed by then. We will have a Welcome Celebration event to kick-start our conference, which may start sometime 3:00pm and ends at around 6pm.
8.HOTELS/ LODGING: Our East Asia Regional Conference 2022 event venue, Asia Pacific Theological Seminary offered wonderful options of Single Room (double bed) , Family Room and Dormitory type units at discounted room rates. The standard rate for the regular dormitory accommodation is at P750 for 2 days/nights stay. (Note: There are no more rooms available on the evening of the 26th) Should you want to avail of a non-dormitory type of lodging, please inform Kathy Merencillo of your choice. All rooms are subject to availability. There are a limited number of units that are available, so we recommend that you book your lodging choice as early as possible.
There are also number of hotels offering budget rooms, Dormitory Style accommodations, Bed and Breakfast, and backpackers’ accommodations around the venue that are reasonably priced
There are still so many options available ranging from 1 star to 5 stars hotels.
Room bookings can be done online directly at their websites or at Hotel Booking sites like Booking.Com, Agoda.Com, etc
Our office can assist you on hotel bookings subject to availability of funds in your account in ITP. You need to inform us of your hotel choice and dates of stay when you make the request.
We are currently looking for additional dormitory or church guest house options that offer the cheapest or possibly free accommodation.
9. MEALS: First dinner will be served on the evening of the 24th. First lunch meal and the second/final dinner will be served on June 25. The second/final lunch meal will be served on the 26th. Heavy snacks will be served in the morning of 25 and 26 and light snacks in the afternoon. There are lots of restaurants nearby to choose from should you want to eat out with friends and co-workers. . Lunch, Dinner and am &pm snacks will be served though as part of the conference package.
10.Downtown /City Center Travel: (Post Conference)
We will be discussing during conference breaks Post Conference activities – optional tours to important Baguio sites to visit. Missionaries in Training or those who will be participating in ACCESS 2 program will follow an itinerary set by our Training team. The rest will have their options open to any trips or activities in and out of the city.
11.PRAYERS and INTERCESSION: Please always include the conference and the organizing staffs in your prayers. Pray also for GOD’s provision for all those who will be attending the conference.
We’ll this is it for now! I’m excited and looking forward to another great ITeams conference.
See you soon … many blessings!
Ptr Gani Sison