PART 2: 12th EAST ASIA REGIONAL CONFERENCE 2022 INFO PACK # 2
Dear ITP Eagles and Friends,
In over a week, we will see each other in the beautiful city of Tagaytay. We are so excited for this gathering.
Some additional instructions:
1.ONLINE REGISTRATION: If you have not registered online, please try to do it asap so we can include your name in our conference participants list, prepare your conference ID and reserve meals and lodging for you.
2. CONFERENCE VENUE Our conference will be held at the CHRISTIAN DEVELOPMENT CENTRE, Tagaytay Country Homes 3, Gonzales St., Crossing Silang, Tagaytay City. Detailed travel directions to the venue will be provided on the next Conference Info Pack.
3. TRAVEL INSTRUCTIONS
A> MANILA TO TAGAYTAY BY BUS
TAGAYTAY BUS TERMINALS IN MANILA
You can catch a bus to Tagaytay at the following terminals.
· PITX in Paranaque. Make your way to the Paranaque Integrated Terminal Exchange (PITX), also called Southwest Integrated Provincial Terminal. Board a bus bound for Tagaytay, Mendez (neighboring town), or Nasugbu. This bus will be taking Emilio Aguinaldo Highway.
· DLTB Terminal at LRT Buendia area (near LRT Gil Puyat Station), Pasay City. Board the bus bound for either Nasugbu or Calatagan. This will be taking South Luzon Expressway (SLEX) and Carmona Exit and will pass through Tagaytay.
Whatever you take, tell the driver to drop you off in Tagaytay. Better if you can be more specific. The bus that will travel along Emilio Aguinaldo Highway might be able to drop you off right at the entrance point to the subdivision where the CDC is. When you are already in Tagaytay, look at the right side of the Aguinaldo highway for the sign marker Tagaytay Country Homes. When you see it, just ask the driver to stop and they might just drop you off right there if they can. If not, you could opt to alight from Ayala Malls, and just take a jeepney or tricycle ride to the venue.
Travel time is 2-3 hours, depending on traffic conditions. Might be much longer during rush hour. Fare: Around P87.
B> MANILA TO TAGAYTAY BY VAN
You can also ride a shared van to Tagaytay. Vans bound for Nasugbu, Calatagan or Lemery pass through Tagaytay.
The great thing about these shuttles is that they are more flexible than the bus. For example, if they find that one passenger wants to alight in front of Sky Ranch and no one else wants to alight along Mahogany Avenue, then they can drop you off in front of Sky Ranch.
You can catch a van at the following places.
· Starmall EDSA-Shaw. You’ll find vans bound for Lemery at the terminal in front of the mall, along EDSA.
· Alabang. There are vans bound for Tagaytay at Festival Mall Alabang, near the Goldilocks exit. (I haven’t tried it, though.) In addition, there used to be vans bound for Lemery dispatched from the parking area of Starmall Alabang. But they already moved to the area behind the mall, near the ukay-ukay area and PNR Train counter. The number of available vans and passengers has been dwindling so you might be in for quite the wait.
Whatever you take, tell the driver to drop you off in Tagaytay. Better if you can be more specific. The vans that may travel along Emilio Aguinaldo Highway might be able to drop you off at the entrance point to the subdivision where the CDC is. Just say so and they might just drop you off right there if they can. If not, you could opt to alight from Ayala Malls, and just take a jeepney or tricycle ride to the venue.
Fare is P180-P200, depending on which part of Manila you’re originating. It’s pricier because vans behave like point-to-point shuttles. Even though you’re alighting in Tagaytay, you’re still paying for the full journey. A passenger getting off in Tagaytay pays the same as another getting off in Batangas.
C> MANILA TO TAGAYTAY BY TAXI
Taxi ride will be the most expensive but more convenient of the 3 available public commute options. Taxi fare would cost around P1,000-1,300. If four will be travelling, then you can just divide the cost amongst yourselves which brings the cost per individual to around P250 – 300. Taxi operators who offer this service are as follows: MGE Taxi, GRAB Taxi, DOLLAR Taxi and BASIC Taxi. You may Google them for their contact Nos. You may use the same GRAB app that you use for your regular taxi rides. Estimated travel time is around 1 hour.
4. MAP TO THE LOCATION VENUE
5.CONFERENCE REGISTRATION: Please note that conference registration is on JULY 24. Registration table is set up at around 2pm and will be available only until 5 pm. Conference materials will already be distributed by then. We will have a Welcome Celebration event to kick-start our conference, which may start sometime 4 pm and ends at around 6pm. We will then all proceed to our evening dinner and fellowship.
6. CDC LODGING: Rooms in the conference venue are Dormitory types. Couples are advised to come with separate luggage’s for they would not be able to share a room. Shared toilet and baths are situated in every floor.
7.HOTELS/ LODGING FOR EXTRA DAYS STAY:
For those who would like to extend their stay in Tagaytay but need a place to stay, we offer two options:
a. Book extra days stay in CDC. (IT Offc staff would assist you)
b. Stay in another lodging place.
There are so many options available ranging from 1 star to 5 stars hotels in Tagaytay, Bed and Breakfast, Backpackers, Dormitories etc..
Room bookings can be done online directly at their websites or at Hotel Booking sites like Booking.Com, Agoda.Com, etc …
Our office can assist you on hotel bookings. You need to inform us of your hotel choice and dates of stay when you make the request.
We will inquire for budget friendly options such as dormitories or church guest house options that offer the cheapest or possibly free accommodation.
8.CONFERENCE MEALS: 2 Breakfast meals, 2 Lunch Meals, 2 Dinner Meals and 4 Snack Meals will be served as part of the STAY IN conference package. For those who opted for a STAY OUT Package, 2 Lunch Meals and 2 Dinner Meals plus 4 Snack Meals will be served.
9. TAGAYTAY TOURS:
We will be discussing at the next Info Pack the Pre and Post Conference activities – optional tours to special sites and possible participation in ministries. Missionaries in Training who signed up for ACCESS 2 will follow an itinerary set by our SEA WORSKSOPS TEAM. The rest will have their options open to any trips or activities in and out of the city. We will be presenting suggestions on good places to go to and activities to do while in TAGAYTAY on our next posting.
10.PRAYERS and INTERCESSION: Please always include the conference and the organizing staffs in your prayers. Pray also for GOD’s provision for all those who will be attending the conference.
We’ll this is it for now! I’m excited and looking forward to another great East Asia Regional conference.
See you soon … much blessings!
Ptr Gani Sison