14th EAST ASIA REGIONAL CONFERENCE 2024 in MALAYSIA… may I have more info, please? (Letters & Info Packs)
Greetings IT Phils Eagles,
Mark your calendar for the IT Missions Conference of the year - The 14th EAST ASIA REGIONAL CONFERENCE 2024 on MARCH 25-27, 2024!
The result of our 13th EAST ASIA REGIONAL CONFERENCE held in TAIWAN last November was so remarkable that memories of the event continue to linger in our minds.. Last year, we were able to stage three major conferences with an unbelievable average participation of over 600 participants per conference. We are so excited this new year for we believe that “the glory of the present house will be greater than the glory of the former”. Our expectations for bigger and better conferences and events are fueling our excitement and joy in our upcoming – 14th EAST ASIA REGIONAL CONFERENCE to be held in MALAYSIA.
WELCOME TO YOUR 14th EAST ASIA REGIONAL CONFERENCE INFORMATION PAGE!!! INFO PACKS AND LETTERS FOR THE CONFERENCE WILL BE POSTED HERE ….
Don’t miss out on this huge blessing! This will be an amazing event!!
Ptr Gani Sison
14th EARC MALAYSIA: CONFERENCE INFORMATION PACKAGE # 1
1. MALAYSIA CONFERENCE INFO PACK– This will be the official source of information on anything and everything related to our 14th EAST ASIA REGIONAL CONFERENCE 2024 in MALAYSIA.
2. REGISTRATION – Online registration for the conference is still open. You need to complete the registration so our event organizers could include your name in our conference participants list, prepare your immigration documents, conference ID’s, T-shirts, conference materials and prepare meals and snacks for you. Please indicate in the registration form if you plan to join our Access 2 training program in Singapore.
3. VISA– There is no need for an Entry Visa for a Filipino to enter Malaysia. . All you need to present to the Malaysian airport authorities are your passport, a return ticket; and if asked, certification of the conference event and proof of accommodation during your stay in the country (to be provided by our office). Please double check your passports expiration date. The Philippine immigration officers won’t allow you to leave the country if your travel date falls within 6 months prior to expiration. If you are Philippine born but holding a non-Philippines passport, you must check with the Malaysian embassy for their entry requirements for passport holders bearing the country shown on your passport.
For other nationalities who need to apply for entry visa to Malaysia, our office will provide the necessary documents – invitation to the conference, status as IT missionary or trainee, etc. that must be submitted on your visa application. Same is true for those who will be participating in ACCESS 2 program in SINGAPORE. Even if you’ll just take the bus to go to Singapore, you will still pass through Singaporean Border control and will be asked to present a SINGAPORE entry visa. Filipinos can just present their passport to enter Singapore.
4. AIRLINE TICKETS
You may directly book your flights at your desired airlines (online or sales office) or travel agency of your choice.
Please take advantage of the current low airline rates. As of this writing, the cost of a round-trip ticket is still almost at par to the cost of a plane trip to Palawan or Ilocos Norte, or other far off provinces in our country. The rates may not hold for long so don’t wait for the price to go down. The possibility is far more in favor of costs going up.
5. AIRLINE BOOKING ASSISTANCE
Effective this year, our IT Office or any of our office staff will no longer be able to provide airline booking assistance. We sent out already a general communique explaining the rationale for the decision. The memo states …
ANNOUNCEMENT FROM ITEAMS OFFICE
We would like to inform all IT Missionaries & Missionaries in Training that we are discontinuing all flight booking assistance effective this month of January 2024. A service that was started by a few of our staff to help a handful of our technology challenged missionaries have recently been overwhelmed by the steep increase in the number of missionaries asking for such help. We recognize that our present essential services staff are no longer adequate to serve the fast-growing number of trainees and new missionaries in this area. Our recent failures to deliver the service on time led to disappointments and complaints which we don’t take lightly. Our present staff have too much work on their plates already and their best intention to help simply falls short of expectations. To remedy the situation, we decided to discontinue the practice. Our office staff were already given instructions to inform everyone that we can no longer provide such assistance.
We suggest that you avail; of the services of a travel agency for your flight booking needs or try to book directly online on the website of the airline of your choice. You may also ask your fellow missionaries who have already been booking their own flights to; provide the guidance that you need.
Thank you very much for your understanding and continued support.
6. SCHEDULE OF CONFERENCE
The schedule of our conference falls on the Holy Week celebration. Our event starts on a Monday, the first day of the holy week.
Day 1 (MARCH 25) – Registration and Welcome Event
Registration & distribution of materials start at 1pm. Program starts at 2pm and ends at 5pm.
Day 2 (MARCH 26) – Whole Day Conference – 8:00 am to 5:00pm
Day 3 (MARCH 27 ) – Whole Day Conference – 8:00 am to 5:00pm
Day 4 – onwards (March 28 – ... ) Post-conference Trips to various locations in Malaysia for those who will be staying longer. A separate itinerary and program was set for all those who will take part in our ACCESS 2 training. Detailed information will be provided later. Our organizing team will be at hand during the conference to assist all who will be joining the post conference trips or ACCESS 2 training,
PRE-CONFERENCE Activities: Most of our IT Office Staffs will probably arrive on the 22nd or 23rd of March.. Those who will arrive on an early date also are more than welcome to join us. We hope to provide a better picture of the pre- conference activities soon.
7. CONFERENCE VENUE: We have finally chosen a venue for our conference.
No. 2 Jalan 13/1, Seksyen 13, 46200
Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
8. HOTEL / HOSTEL LODGING
We are compiling a long list of hotels near the conference venue which will be sent later. There are hotels offering dormitory type rooms and backpackers hotel that will be included in the list. Our Malaysia based missionaries and partners will be assisting those who are really are on a tight budget and hopefully will be able to identify low cost accommodations, just like in our previous conferences here. We are also looking for possible hosting groups that could accommodate for free some of our least funded members.
9. CONFERENCE FEES
A contribution of US$ 75 or P4,000 per participant will help cover expenses on venue rental, and lunch meals, snacks, conference materials, honorariums, etc…
If you decide to pay this month of February, you will avail of a P500 discount. The discounted conference fee is US$ 65 or P3,500.
10. CONFERENCE PROGRAM
Conference program, conference theme and speakers’ profile will be provided on the next Info Pack.
11. POST-CONFERENCE TOURS
We are on the process of identifying various locations in Malaysia for our post conference group tour. Detailed information will be provided later. Our office team will set up a post-conf table during the conference to aid those who will be joining the post-conference trips.
12. CONFERENCE PARTICIPANTS
All ITP missionaries, alumni and partners are invited to the conference. If you would like to invite your friends or relatives to the conference, we would require that they be of the same faith. The conference is not an evangelistic gathering, and the topics will not suit those coming from a different religious background. Those who qualify will be classified as SPECIAL GUESTS.
13. PRE-DEPARTURE BRIEFINGS
· Our office will provide an important pre-departure briefing/meeting to be handled by our office support staffs, a few days before your departure. The objective is to prepare all of you for your airport immigration encounter – both here and in Malaysia. We want to make sure that all bases are covered well before sending you out to Malaysia. You will be provided with all the required departure documents to include ITP documents stating the nature of the event, conference program, and accommodation guarantee, etc.
14. TRAVEL CLEARANCE
The Philippine government requires all government employees to first secure clearance before they are allowed to travel outside of the country. If you are a government employee and could present the document upon the demand of our airport immigration authority, you will be denied boarding. Please make sure you secure one as early as possible. We have missionaries in the past who were not allowed to board because of their failure to attend to this important requirement. Our office will issue the needed certification explaining the reason for your trip to Malaysia.
15. VACINNATION REQUIREMENTS TO ENTER MALAYSIA & SINGAPORE
Do I need to be vaccinated to enter Malaysia and Singapore? You do not need to be vaccinated to travel to Malaysia and Singapore, at the moment. That might change in the future, especially if their respective government decides to implement one due to a possible resurgence of the spread of the virus.
We do advice that extra care be given on your stay in Malaysia. Ensure that you are in good health and refrain from association should you feel sick with possible symptoms of the virus. Masks are optional but advised when in public places,
16. PRAYERS AND INTERCESSION
· Please always include the conference and the organizing staffs in your prayers. Pray also for GOD’s provision for all those who will be attending the conference. Pray for the 14th EAST ASIA REGIONAL CONFERENCE 2024 in MALAYSIA to be fruitful and successful.
ALL FOR GOD’S HONOR AND GLORY!!!
Ptr Gani Sison