Dear ITP Eagles and Friends,
The excitement level is up! We will be seeing each other on Thursday. I am sure that we will all have an amazing time together in this beautiful city of Baguio.
Some final minute instructions:
1. BRING JACKET/SWEATER and UMBRELLA – as of June 22, my weather check is a low 16 C and a high of 24 C which tells us that the place is relatively cool, but the frequent rains will surely pull the temperature lower. It is forecasted to rain the whole weeklong so don’t forget to bring an umbrella and a jacket. The mornings will surely be cold and foggy. It would be fun though to wake up early and enjoy the “cloudy” streets of Baguio.
2. SOUTHEAST ASIA MISSION WORKSHOP (ACCESS 2) is EXCLUSIVE for those who haven’t taken it, meaning the Access 1 graduates only. The training will commence the day after our conference in Benguet State University. For those who will be participating in the workshops, please bring beddings or/malong or/ sarong and travel pillows.
3. CONFERENCE MANUALS & CONFERENCE T-SHIRTS – You will receive a conference pack with a conference manual containing the event program at the time of registration. There is also a T-Shirt included. Please don’t use the T-shirt right away. We would love to have all the participants wear it on the second day (June 25) for our Group Photos.
4. IT T-SHIRTS – there are assorted IT shirts that will be made available at the conference. We have them in various colors and sizes. Please try to locate the Merchandize table on the area.
5. MEDICINES – should you feel ill and will need the standard medication for headaches, period pains, diarrhea, etc. …, please ask for medicines, at no cost, from any of our staff.
6. ALCOHOL will be widely available. We suggest that you regularly disinfect your hands. There are hand washing/ disinfectant liquids in various areas and we advise that you use it before every meal.
7. FACE MASK – part of the protocol is the continuous use of face masks during the event. Of course, its mask off at mealtime and bedtime. (You may still opt to wear mask while sleeping though. It’s your call. )
8. ROOM ASSIGNMENTS – each one will be given room assignments during the registration. Instructions on who will oversee room keys will be made known as well.
9. MEALS – those who registered the following set of meals –lunch and dinner (2 meals each for the duration of the conference). The first dinner meal will be served on the evening of June 24 and the second on the 25th. The first Lunch meal will be served on the 25th and the second on the 26th. We will all be dining on the dining area of the building. Snacks will be served at the lobby area. We are not allowed to eat inside the conference hall or chapel area.
10. IMPORTANT REMINDERS –
a. BAGUIO VISITA QTP (QR CODED TOURIST PASS) – please refer to INFO PACK # 3. This is required for all visitors to the city.
b. VACCINATION CARD – we are advised to always have in our possession our vaccination card.
11. BAGUIO CITY TOUR – for the first timers in Baguio and those who want to take their R&R after the conference, we have included a map in this manual showing the most visited places in the city. You just need to ask for detailed instructions on how to go to your choice spot. There will be a lot of people at the conference who could assist you in identifying the best places to go to … all you need to do is ask. You may even want to join the others who have already set their plans to visit some of the places. The places listed are a short distance away from our conference venue.
Information on the tour options after the conference will be provided by our teams from Baguio at the conference site. Several groups have already made their own arrangements and those who would like to join them must talk to them directly. You may ask Kathy or Abby for the itineraries of the various groups.
So many things to do while you are in Baguio City. You have served well, please give yourself the rest and recreation that you deserve. Enjoy!
The 12th East Asia Regional Conference was designed to encourage, energize, empower, and equip missionaries in every aspect of our cross-cultural mission work, to provide a special bonding time with fellow missionaries coming from various places in Asia, to introduce each one to new networks and new field connections, receive a fresh ministry mandate and a clearer sense of purpose, and most important of all … meet the LORD in the company of His chosen ones.
Please pray for the success of our 12th EAST ASIA REGIONAL CONFERENCE 2022.
Looking forward to our time together in BAGUIO CITY,
Ptr. Gani Sison
*** PLEASE PRINT CONFERENCE INFO PACK #’s 1-4 and BRING WITH YOU FOR YOUR REFERENCE GUIDE.